Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pokemon





I can say that I know far more about Pokemon now than I ever thought possible... A few weeks ago Adam and I met a family at the park while playing with Phoebe. The little boy is a brain cancer patient and is almost done with his treatment. The father had just been in a serious roll-over accident... This family had been through a lot recently and meeting them tugged at my heart. I wanted to do something to help, but the only thing I could think of was cake. I mentioned it to her and her face lightened up. The boy's birthday was coming soon and he LOVED Pokemon. Done.

He wanted half white and half chocolate, so I made 4 small cakes (2 white, 2 chocolate) and balanced a square white cake on top. Each small cake has the theme of one of his favorite 4 characters and the trainer of these little guys is on the top. The icing was almond, vanilla butter cream and I the decorations are fondant (not the characters). I hope this brightens his special 7th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment