Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Head(s) of the Class

I recently bought a new book full of great cupcake ideas. I get stuck on fondant decorations, but this book has some really good prop ideas. These were the first set I tried and they were a HUGE hit.

I made them for the seniors at the school I taught at last year. They are a good group of kids and I wanted to do something fun for them in their last few weeks as high schoolers.

There are white and chocolate cupcakes with white and chocolate icing. The hats are small peanut butter cups (up-side-down) with a chocolate covered graham cracker on top. The tassels are piped icing in their school color. The hair is made from a variety of things; sprinkles, sugar, icing, gum, fruit loops... and the ears are orange fruit loops.

I'm not sure if all the heads were the right color or shape, but their were 40+ graduate heads and they were enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment