Saturday, November 20, 2010

One Week Wedding

This wedding was VERY last minute. A friend of a friend needed a wedding cake and hadn't booked anyone a week before the wedding. I agreed to do it, but it was a stretch to get all the prep work done in a week (not normally, but being 9 months pregnant and having a one-year old adds a lot).

She wanted a white cake with butter cream icing and roses. I like the look of the chocolate roses and people can actually eat them, which is nice. After all that work I want people to enjoy them. I had a couple of friends who came and helped me work on roses, leaves, and petals throughout the week, which was a huge help. I finished the final ones Friday night, just in time to let them dry overnight and place them Saturday. The cake was delivered exactly one week (to the hour) after it was ordered. Not sure I'd do that again, but they were happy with it, so that counts for something...

No comments:

Post a Comment