Friday, March 26, 2010

It's a bird... it's a plane...

It's no secret that I'm a girly girl. I did not grow up with brothers and don't know much about little boys, so this cake was a bit of a challenge. It was for the son of a woman Adam works with, he was turning 6 and LOVES superheros. Superman is his favorite, so I had to give him a special place on the cake. I wanted to get him real action figures so that he could play with them after the cake was cut so there are plastic action figures along with the fondant decorations (city, street lights, action figure symbols, and wreckage around Superman's car) on this cake. The cake was chocolate fudge with butter cream icing. I never realized how difficult it is to get those little figures to stand up! I ended up having to wire each one to a dowel rod and stick it into the cake. I better get used to this if we ever have a little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment